Overview of Trustly & Trustly Casinos
Trustly started with just a team of 3 people in Stockholm, Sweden in 2008. It signed a few contracts straight away with internet-based companies and then quickly expanded, opening up a second office in 2010 with a million transactions using Trustly being processed through it the same year. After a few rounds of investing, fast forward to 2015 and they’ve reached over a billion consumers using Trustly thanks to partnering with over 6,000 banks spread out over 29 countries in Europe.
The idea of Trustly was to be the start of a whole new concept in direct banking, and it’s achieved just that with its popularity – especially with casino punters. They enable players to use a huge amount of banks on online casinos and to be able to do that with ease and speed.
The great thing about using Trustly is the fact it basically acts as an instantaneous form of bank transfer. Bank and wire transfers are one of the most direct and widely used forms of transferring money to any of the online casinos of choice, but it often takes an awful amount of time to get the funds into your casino account: sometimes days! Players at an online casino don’t want to be sat around waiting for this long to get to playing; we want our money in our casino account in a matter of minutes, seconds if possible, so we can get straight to playing on a brand new slot site or on our favourite live casino games.
The creators of Trustly knew this was a big problem for not just punters at online casinos but everyone, and decided to do something about it!
The whole premise of using Trustly and why it’s so great for playing on an online casino include:
- The fact that you can get money into your account on online casinos very securely, totally anonymously and straight away – no more waiting.
- You don’t have to create any new accounts or register for any more software to use casinos that accept Trustly – you only have to log in using your usual details for your bank account and then follow some simple instructions.
- Any mobile Trustly casinos are specially taken care of, as the platform is built mainly with tablets and mobile phones in mind.
- With the huge growth, they pretty much cover every major bank, allowing most casino players to be able to use it at their favourite online casinos.
More on that next.
Why play at a Trustly casino
If the bullet points up there hasn’t whet your appetite to start using a casino with Trustly, then we’ll go into depth about a few more points you should consider:
Your casino transfers are instant
This is the big positive to using trustly. Say you’ve got a few spare minutes on the train to work, and you fancy a quick bit of excitement on your favourite slot type game. You check your account balance on the casino… and a sad ‘£0.00’ looks back at you. You need to get some funds into your casino account somehow, and you need to get them in fast.
Using some other banking methods, you wouldn’t be able to play. Some methods that take a few days or even just a few hours would mean you’d be sat there for the rest of your train journey, bored, wishing you were having a few pulls on a slot machine or playing a few quick hands of video poker.
When playing at a casino with Trustly, you won’t have any of these problems. You’re going to have you funds deposited into your account instantly, straight from your bank account.
It’s extremely convenient
Next to the speed, is the convenience of playing at a casino with trustly. With a payment method such as an e-wallet like PayPal, the transfers are quick… but not that convenient. There’s signing in to the actual e-wallet, the time it takes to verify everything and then you have a small delay from the payment actually appearing on your bank account statement.
A casino that accepts Trustly will get rid of these inconveniences. They have some great integrations, which allow you to actually do all of your banking without even leaving the online casino. Say bye-bye to having to log in to multiple accounts and fiddle about with them whilst you’re on the go just to get some money into your casino account.
Super straightforward system to use
You won’t be having to gather loads of personal information and documents just to get started with casinos that accept Trustly. You won’t be having to create any new accounts or filling out page after page with details at all! Trustly simply uses all of your existing bank information to operate, keeping things as simple as possible. You’re going to be depositing straight from your bank account, so you won’t even have to dig your card out of your pocket or verify your payment details.
Top of the range in terms of security
Trustly themselves use the best possible standard of encryption possible. This is to be expected, they take the safety of their users extremely seriously. And anyone looking to take some of your hard-earned money will also have to get past the security measure at your bank, adding a nice dual layer of protection for your funds.
Thinking Trustly themselves might be a bit suspect? You don’t need to worry on that front, as they hold a European Payment Services Provider (PSP) license as well, adding to their already stellar credibility.
Trustly casinos help with minimising any risks
To ease any worries, even more, Trustly themselves actually take on all liability and risk for any signs of fraud that do somehow occur on your account and also any failed payments. You can be sure when you’re using Trustly that your money will get safely to the online casino.
This nice little feature also means that if you happen to somehow stumble upon a less than legitimate casino and deposit some funds in there, you’re going to be covered. With Trustly, you stand a pretty decent chance of getting any funds you deposited in back.
No problems using it on your mobile
With the times, mobile friendly casinos are being played on more and more, with the whole industry becoming more focused on the advancements in mobile gaming. What better than to use a payment method that is also fully mobile optimised and friendly?
Since it’s quite a modern startup, Trustly has had it’s an eye on the prize since the beginning in terms of being compatible with mobile devices and running smoothly on any sort of handheld device. Expect not just a pleasurable experience when you’re playing on an online casino on your phone, but a smooth and safe time when using it.
Whew, that’s quite a good list!
The Disadvantages of playing at a Trustly casino
Whilst there are loads of great reasons to sign up to a casino accepting Trustly… there are a few small drawbacks and some things you should think about before you go running off to start playing at Trustly casinos.
Casino Deposits aren’t always instant
Working with so many banks and financial institutions, Trustly has most of the big names in Europe covered. But for the punters who aren’t currently a member of these big banks, your payment into the online casinos that accept Trustly may not be instant.
Trustly favours the banks they are partnered with. There’s quite a high chance that you bank with one of these since they’ve got all of the big bank covered, especially on the UK (Lloyds, Barclays, NatWest, Halifax, HSBC and more). When using one of these banks to make a deposit using Trustly, your deposit will go in pretty much straight away – maybe a few seconds delay.
But if you aren’t using one of these banks… then your transfer won’t be instant. This is where doing some research on whether Trustly has partnered with your bank comes into play, so you know if you’ll be waiting or not.
There can be additional charges
Again, only applicable if you’re depositing into a casino from a bank that isn’t partnered with Trustly themselves. They charge a small online transfer fee that can be annoying.
How to use Trustly to make a deposit
Now you know all the good, the bad and the ugly of using Trustly at an online casino. There are a few easy steps to depositing at one of these casinos:
- Select a Trustly casino from our list of them on this page – These casinos have all been through our extensive review process where we triple check things like the sites security and licencing (The most important factors!), the games & software providers, Payments methods & speeds and more as well. You can be sure you’re playing on a trustworthy casino when you pick one from our list above.
- Make sure you’ve got an account at a bank that Trustly is partnered with – As we mentioned above, you want to check to see if the bank you want to transfer money from is on Trustly’s partner list, so you can get speedy deposits and won’t have to pay any fees. We’d recommend that if your bank isn’t listed as one of the partners, then maybe try a different payment method.
- Get Signed up to the casino – This will be a straight forward process which will involve you entering your details (username, email, password etc) as is standard with joining any casino. Before you do this, have a quick check of the deposit bonus you get for signing up and make sure you can still claim it when paying by Trustly.
- Find the banking options at the casino – now you need to get to the banking options or cashier section of the online casino. This should be within your account page, and usually, it’s very easy to find. Simply select Trustly as your payment method.
- Complete the deposit form – Once you’ve selected Trustly as your payment method, You’ll now have to enter how much you wish to deposit, the name of your bank etc.
- Verify the information – When you’ve done that, you’ll be asked to verify any and all of the details you’ve provided correct and up to date.
- Done! – Now if your bank is part of the Trustly network, your money is going to be in the account right away. If the bank is not directly in this network, then it can take between 1-3 days to show up.
Now you’re all set! Get on down to the game lobby and choose which of the games you want to play. You can play live casino games, some rounds of slots or even Slingo!
Withdrawing your winnings from a Trustly casino
Let’s say you’ve gotten yourself a nice little pot of winnings from winning a good few hands of video poker and it’s sat waiting in your online casinos account balance… begging to be transferred to your bank account to be spent on a few treats.
So what better to do than again with Trustly! Here we’ll go over the few steps it’ll take to get your money out of the casino that accepts trustly and into your bank account:
- We’re following pretty much the same steps as depositing into the casino – first off we’re going to the cashier section of your account at the casino.
- Next, select withdraw with Trustly from the list of options to withdraw with.
- Now you’re going to be asked to verify all of the details, including the withdrawal amount.
- And that’s it! Once it’s confirmed your withdrawal is now in the verification phase – the amount of time it takes to be processed and verified varies between casinos, but it can be from a few minutes or hours to a few days.
Trustly live casinos
Trustly doesn’t just work for playing on slot sites – you can also play your favourite live casino games. The deposit process for playing on these is exactly the same as you would go through when depositing to play on an online slot machine – meaning you also get the added convenience!
New casinos accepting Trustly
Trustly being an accepted payment method at new online casinos is becoming more and more common, as the payment platform goes from strength to strength. Be expecting the newest and freshest casinos out to have full Trustly integrations.
Casino bonuses with Trustly
Something almost all casino players look for in a new casino – a great casino bonus. When depositing via Trustly you should be on the lookout for such a great deposit bonus like welcome packages, loads of free spins and even no wagering bonuses if you search hard enough!
Trustly Casino Alternatives
If all this talk about quick and easy payment methods has got you chomping at the bit but you don’t fancy Trustly or your bank isn’t supported, there are a few other payment methods you can take a look at including:
Wire transfer: This is basically a slower version of what we’re talking about here. You’re cutting out the middle man Trustly out of the equation. You’ll essentially go through the same process as a Trustly sign up except it can take between 3-7 days. Some casinos have options for fast bank transfers but it is dependant on whether or not the banks are local.
E-wallet (PayPal/Skrill): PayPal and Skrill casinos also allow for quick and secure payments, but require a separate log in and account with the e-wallet provider themselves and will require further account verification if you want to withdraw a big win you’ve had from a casino. Still, a brilliant choice if you don’t want to use Trustly.
Boku: Boku is a pay by phone payment method that enables you to deposit into the online casino through your mobile phone bill. You can deposit up to £30 daily through a Boku deposit into the casino daily, but you can’t use it to make withdrawals.