Not every Australian online casino accepts PayPal, so check out our list for the latest and greatest ones that do and get started on your journey to playing the best PayPal pokies!
What is A PayPal Casino
Before you get started depositing funds for playing your favourite pokies with your new Australian online casino PayPal account, it’d be good to know a bit about exactly what a PayPal casino is, a bit of history and exactly how they work, wouldn’t it?
We’ll start with the main question: A PayPal casino is a term for any Australian online casino that accepts PayPal as a method of depositing and withdrawing funds. PayPal itself is an incredibly popular electronic wallet (e-wallet for short) used not just in Australia but all over the world, and was started in 1998 and was originally called Confinity.
PayPal is available in over 200 countries and works pretty much like a digital wallet. It’s a kind of middle man, storing details of your bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards and even a separate PayPal online balance. You’ll be able to use PayPal to have the details of these accounts at your fingertips, ready to be used in a click for making online purchases – and the great thing is the fact that your actual card details and bank account information is never shared when you’re using PayPal online, so these details are incredibly safe!
No matter if you’re playing live casino games or online pokies, PayPal is a great option – when you’re playing at Australian online casinos that accept PayPal, you’re going to be using one of the most convenient and easily accessible online payment methods around – That’s why it’s one of the most popular payment options for casino payments and used by Australian players on some of the biggest online casinos around!
PayPal Casino Security
PayPal is one of the most secure ways you can deposit and withdraw from PayPal casinos, with their customers’ peace of mind concerning their financial and personal details being top of their list of priorities. It’s this that has driven them to have one of the most secure payment gateways on the planet, with them integrating various methods of keeping your funds and details safe, such as:
The highest level of data encryption: One of the main reasons to use PayPal for gambling – security. Don’t want to be worrying about your bank account details when you’re transferring money to fuel your next gaming session on your favourite online pokies Australia? PayPal has you covered. They use the same high-level SSL data encryption as some of the biggest banking and financial institutions in Australia, and any data transferred to them, from them and stored on their servers will be encrypted. This encryption used at a PayPal casino Australia will keep any prying eyes away that want to steal your information!
Email Authentication: Because PayPal is one of the biggest finance businesses on the planet and used by so many people, there are scammers out there who go “phishing” for peoples details with fake emails. These emails are quite a problem, so to help with solving that on casinos, PayPal has actually partnered up with some of the biggest email providers around – including Google, Microsoft and more – to help implement authentication measures and weed out the scam emails.
Multi-Factor Authentication: One of the newer implementations by PayPal, 2FA or 2-factor Authentication links another step to signing into your PayPal account, which involves a passcode being sent to your mobile phone. this adds another layer of protection that can easily be turned on in your PayPal account settings.
Advantages of Australian PayPal Casino Sites
If you haven’t already realised, when you’re playing your favourite casino games at Australian online casinos, PayPal has a whole range of benefits and advantages that make it one of the best ways of getting your funds into and out of your account.
Some of the biggest reasons for making a casino PayPal deposit and withdrawal are:
Speedy Australian Casino Deposits & Withdrawals
This is one of the main benefits of playing at online casinos accepting PayPal- the sheer speed of it. You want to be able to get your dollars into the casino as fast as possible and get on with playing your favourite pokies. The same goes for getting any funds you’ve won out of the casino – you want it back into your bank as swiftly as can possibly be done!
Whereas some other payment methods can take a while and involve a lot of messing around – such as bank transfers involving typing in numbers and getting all of the relevant details to hand or PaySafeCard making you go down to a local PayPoint and buy the cards – A PayPal deposit or withdrawal can be done in a matter of clicks and is one of the fastest methods of transferring funds into casinos online period. You can go from an empty casino account to a nice chunk of change in there, ready to play with, in a matter of minutes!
Your PayPal Account Is Super Secure
As we mentioned above, Paypal is easily one of the most secure methods of transferring money around. Australian gambling sites that use PayPal and accept PayPal deposits/Withdrawals will have you covered security-wise on a number of fronts. From the email authentication to the extra layers of protection and SSL encryption, PayPal is one of the most secure ways to move your money around online.
Make Casino Payments On The Move
You don’t want to be stuck when you’re on the go playing online slots and pokies! PayPal casinos have a brilliant option for depositing and withdrawing whilst on the go – the PayPal app. The handy little app is compatible with almost every type of phone out there, so you’re always covered what playing on your favourite online casino Australia. PayPal and the handy app can allow you the ultimate freedom and make sure you aren’t just stuck at home playing or fumbling about looking for your bank card to enter the details.
A PayPal Account Is Totally Free
Finally, signing up to PayPal online and online casinos that accept PayPal is totally free. You’re going to be able to sign up and link your card and bank accounts without having to spend a single penny, and only having charges from PayPal when you want to pay in a different currency.
Disadvantages of Using PayPal At A Casino
Whilst there are a whole host of benefits and cases for playing at using it at an Australian online casino, PayPal does come with some caveats. here are the two main ones you need to look out for:
Your Bank Account May Need Verifying
When you first sign up to PayPal, PayPal will do a small verification of depositing a small amount of money into your bank account and asking you to verify the amount. This small verification is fine, but when a large volume of transactions is passed through your account you may have to go through a full verification process involving you providing ID and proof you are who you say you are. This can be a pain for some players as it involves time and effort in finding the correct ID and providing the correct documents.
Registering Your PayPal Account Can take Time
With the above point comes the fact that fully registering your account has to go through the verification process, which can take quite a long time – from a few days up to weeks in some cases! This is another setback, as any money that’s pending withdrawal to your bank account will be frozen and your money can be locked up in your casino PayPal account until this verification is passed.
PayPal Mobile Casinos
With all of the Online Casinos Australia, PayPal hasn’t shied away from the developments in the online gambling industry in regards to it rapidly becoming predominantly mobile players. The widespread availability of mobile casinos has proven its viability and this is shown through the sheer profitability and effectiveness of the games you can play on your mobile now, and so we’ve seen an increase in the number of Australian mobile PayPal casinos.
Almost all online casinos in Australia have made a transition to well-integrated mobile PayPal casinos, mainly to attract new Australian players and to make it easier for loyal players to keep coming back with PayPal betting. Australia has got improvements in the area of mobile casinos that need to be made though, as some of the best iPhone PayPal casinos don’t integrate well with Android users, and vice versa.
On the whole, though, Mobile PayPal casinos are a great advantage for Australian players who play on online casinos, making depositing and withdrawing your funds super easy.
How to Make A PayPal Casino Deposit in Australia
Making a deposit into an online casino with Paypal is a fairly easy process – we’ll walk you through the steps:
- Register with PayPal. You’re going to have to create an account with PayPal itself to start. This won’t take more than a few minutes and will involve you creating a username and password and providing an email address. remember to think of a strong password!
- Link a bank account. Next up is actually setting a bank account to fund your PayPal account with. You simply need to click over to your balance sheet and select the “add money” option. After this, select “Link a new bank” and then enter your banking information and the amount you want to fund your account with.
- Verify your identity. If it’s your very first time when you’re adding money to you account, you’re going to have to verify your account – if you don’t, there will be limits on how much you can withdraw. This verification process is straight forward and will involve you verifying your debit or credit card with your account.
- Find the PayPal casino Australia you want to play on. With the dozens of casinos that use PayPal that you’ll be able to play on, it won’t be hard to find a casino that’s perfect for you. Simply look through the casino reviews here at Casimple and select one of the preselected and pre-screened casinos we have.
- Create an account with the casino. This is fairly similar to creating a PayPal account – you need to come up with a username, password and enter your email address.
- Deposit your money. Head straight to the casino you’ll be playing ats banking section and select PayPal as the option. Next, fill out your PayPal email address and however many dollars you want to deposit. If it’s your very first deposit at that online casino, then have a scout around for a good welcome bonus or promotion – these usually don’t get credited to your account automatically and you’ll have to claim them – you may have to enter a special promotional code or click a certain page to get the welcome bonus! You may also need to verify your payment if you’ve turned on two-factor authentication.
- Get playing at the casino with PayPal. You’re all set! You can now all set to play on your favourite games and use PayPal to do so.
Withdrawing from an Online Casino With PayPal
A great thing about playing on an online casino PayPal is the fact that you can both deposit and withdraw your funds easily and swiftly between your accounts. Some online casinos can charge for withdrawals though – incoming payments using PayPal in Australia can incur a 2.6% + $0.30 fee, so double check on the casino to see if this fee is applicable.
Here’s how to get your funds out to your bank account:
- Check your eligibility. If you’ve claimed any sort of casino welcome bonus, you’ll have playthrough requirements to meet before you can withdraw any of your funds. Check out our reviews for full details on any wagering requirements for any bonus you’re looking to claim from Australian online casinos.
- Claim your online casino withdrawal. Head to the cashier section of the casino site and select the withdrawal option. Next, you select how much you wish to withdraw – be sure to not try and withdraw more than is in your account.
- Enter the PayPal email. This is the single most important step – entering the address you want to send the funds to. If you end up entering the wrong address or misspelling it, online casinos may send your funds to someone else! So make sure you double-check that you’re entering the right email.
- You’re all done. The withdrawal will go into processing with the casino and should be in your account within a few minutes once the request has been processed.
PayPal Casino Alternatives
If you’re finding it hard to find the perfect online casinos for you that allow PayPal gambling as a payment method, or you feel like PayPal isn’t for you, there are a number of other options for you to use at online casino sites:
PayPal itself has the function to accept debit cards, but it’s not necessary if you want to pay by debit card. Debit cards are pretty much the most universally accepted payment method at Australian casino sites,
Wire Transfer / Bank Transfer
Another popular payment method at online casinos is a direct wire transfer. You can also use PayPal to make these, although it will charge a small fee. You can dodge these fees you get when playing with a PayPal online casino by making the wire transfer straight to the casino.
The main drawback to using wire transfers is the fact they can be super slow – usually taking a day or two and sometimes longer. Not great when you want to get straight to playing in your online casino pokies. You may also have to pay fee’s anyway if the online casino is located in a different country in the form of SWIFT fee’s.
Taking the same approach as PayPal, there is a number of other e-wallets you can use to get your funds in and out of an online casino. In this category, you’ve got Skrill and Neteller, which will function much the same as a PayPal online casino payment. You’ve also got the Australian focussed Neosurf, which is an incredibly popular payment method for online casino games in Australia.
If you don’t want to have to go through the rigmarole of having to verify yourself online top get hold of your money, then Bitcoin could be the payment method for you. This method of casino payment for deposits and withdrawals is becoming far more popular and more and more casinos accept Bitcoin when it comes to getting money in and out.
Aus Casinos with PayPal FAQS
Are PayPal casino deposits and withdrawals safe?
Certainly – PayPal is a leader in the industry in terms of safety. With PayPal being so widely used, they take the security and safety of casino players incredibly serious.
Are there instant payouts at PayPal casinos?
Because it’s such a widely used method of payment transfer in the casino niche, casino payouts with PayPal are actually up there in terms of payout speeds.
What Australian casinos accept PayPal?
If you’re after the perfect casino for you, simply look at the casino list we have here and take your pick from any casino to enjoy.
Can I get Bonuses using PayPal?
Yep, you can find a range of casino bonuses – ranging from a nice deposit match on your deposits to free money and spins given to you with no deposit needed!
What’s the best PayPal game on casinos?
Pokies! They’re the most played casino game of all time. Poker, Blackjack and live casino games are also very popular.