Best Bitcoin Casino Reviews for Aussies
Unlike online casinos and slot sites that support fiat currencies, bitcoin casinos are fewer in number. Here at Casimple, we’ve done the research and found out the best bitcoin casinos that you can benefit from. You can read our honest, comprehensive and unbiased reviews of the top Australian bitcoin casinos, then make a comparison of the sites we recommend, choosing the right one for you to sign up to.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a payment method that runs around the clock – no down time. It is not concerned with the identity of its users. This is the reason why it’s an ideal online casino payment method for players who want a fast, secure and anonymous way to deposit to their crypto gaming accounts and withdraw winnings to.
Here are few more facts about Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin was created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto (which is widely believed to be a group of people as opposed to an individual).
- Bitcoin doesn’t have a physical presence, only existing in the virtual world. However, you can still use it to pay for products and services.
- Traditional (or fiat) currencies are regulated by central banks – though Bitcoin differs in that it’s not under the control of any state, government, bank, or financial institution.
- Supply of Bitcoin is decentralized and can be increased by the process of ‘mining’. Bitcoin miners solve complicated mathematical problems online to approve bitcoin transactions. In their favour, these miners receive fractions of bitcoins as rewards.
- Transaction records are stored on what is known as the Bitcoin blockchain, which is a substantial public ledger full of complex strings of numbers.
Bitcoin Gambling in Aus
Lots of Aussie gamblers have come to realise the major advantages of signing up at bitcoin online casinos and slots sites. While it must be said that some Australians already know how bitcoin gambling works, many haven’t heard of using bitcoins to play online casino games and slots.
Australian crypto gamblers have to first buy bitcoins and store them in a bitcoin wallet to use them at online casinos and pokies sites. The easiest way to purchase bitcoins is to go to online platform that connects bitcoin buyers with bitcoin sellers. These marketplaces are the answer to anybody in dire need of buying or selling bitcoin online.
The quickest and simplest way to get hold of bitcoins is to sign up at cryptocurrency exchanges like CoinJar, CoinBase, CoinMama and Independent Reserve.
Another option is to buy from bitcoin ATMs. Using an app called ‘FindBitcoinATM’ which is exclusive for Australia helps residents find a bitcoin ATM close to home. It’s worth bearing in mind though that while they are a convenient way to exchange AUD for bitcoins, they are also an expensive way as these ATMs can typically charge anything in the range of 5 to 10% per transaction.
Yet another way is to buy your bitcoin from other people using a peer to peer exchange network like LocalBitcoin. Please be aware though that you are buying from strangers, so it’s best advised to follow the safety guidelines as recommend by LocalBitcoin.
Once you’ve got your bitcoin in your bitcoin wallet, you can start playing slots like other Australian gamblers at your favourite bitcoin online casinos.
History of Crypto Gambling
For many years a Bitcoin casino meant a one page website which only offered the one game. The deposits and withdrawals at these crypto casinos were run by Bitcoin (blockchain) technology and the people behind the casino were mostly anonymous too.
Bitcoin gaming didn’t even require a contact address at sign up, as is the case now. Gambling with Bitcoin was popular on the game Bitcoin dice.
SatoshiDice accounted for about 50% of all Bitcoin gambling transactions. The website is still pretty popular to this day, though competition has grown in terms of the development in Bitcoin games since.
BTC casino software has taken off in recent years. Today, a bitcoin casino Australia looks and feels very much similar to your regular online casino sites. Who knows where the bitcoin casino site of tomorrow may take us, but one thing’s for sure – stay tuned.
How to Gamble at Casinos Online with Bitcoin
If you read below, you’ll find detailed a step-by-step guide to start playing at online casinos and pokies sites with bitcoin. If you’ve never gambled at a crypto casino or a site that accepts crypto currency, you should be pleasantly surprised by just how easy it is.
- Obtain bitcoins – You first have to convert your AUD into bitcoins and store them in a bitcoin wallet. Bitcoin wallets are quite similar to online payment processing services like Neteller and PayPal. Instant payments can be made as well as receiving money without having to reveal your bank account or debit card details or contact details such as address or phone number. To name a few bitcoin wallets, you might choose from the popular Bitcoin Core, Jaxx, Xapo or Electrum wallets. Players can choose from three different types of bitcoin wallet – online, software or hardware. Each type has its own pros and cons which you should carefully study before choosing an appropriate method for you.
- Register at a bitcoin online casino – As previously covered, there are quite a few recommended bitcoin casinos on this page. All you have to do is read the reviews, compare the bonuses and features of the various bitcoin online casinos and slots sites that take your fancy, and sign up to the one that suits you best. There are bitcoin slots sites that don’t require players to reveal personal details such as card details, phone number or physical address. Usually, crypto casino players can just get started with a username and password. Some bitcoin casino sites will support only bitcoin, whereas some others support Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Dash and other cryptocurrencies. Many online pokies sites support bitcoin along with your more traditional payment methods such as debit cards, eWallets, bank and wire transfer.
- Start playing pokies with bitcoins – Once your registration is complete, you’ll have to visit the online casino cashier and choose Bitcoin as your preferred payment method. The online casino will then provide an address string to which you have to send bitcoins to make a deposit. Once the transaction has been confirmed on the bitcoin blockchain, which takes about an hour, the funds will show in your account. When it comes to withdrawing your winnings, you can again choose Bitcoin as your preferred withdrawal method and the online casino will transfer your winnings in bitcoins to your bitcoin wallet.
Advantages of Using Bitcoin at Casinos Online
The benefits of playing with bitcoins at online casinos are plenty, which is why bitcoinslots sites are quickly gaining in popularity. Here are just some of the main advantages:
- Deposits and withdrawals are near instantly credited.
- Crypto gamblers from any part of the world can use Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin can be used as both a deposit and withdrawal method at online pokies sites.
- Australian players don’t have to reveal personal and financial details to use Bitcoin at most bitcoin-only online casinos and pokies sites.
- Aussie players don’t have to submit copies of personal documents like photo IDs and utility bills before withdrawals can be processed.
- Bitcoin is safe, instant, convenient, anonymous and secure.
- As bitcoin doesn’t come under the control of any bank or government, it can be simply used players who live in grey jurisdictions.
- Bitcoin online casinos offer provably fair casino games and pokies, generous bonuses, jackpots in bitcoins, special bitcoin promotions and incredible rewards for loyalty. A bitcoin casino no deposit bonus and bitcoin casino free spins are examples of such bonuses.
- Bitcoin slots sites work extremely well with Android, Blackberry and iOS smartphones and tablet devices.
Disadvantages of Using Bitcoins in Gambling
There are also some downsides to using Bitcoin whether at a crypto casino or in general:
- The price of Bitcoin is still volatile in 2020, and you can’t reliably predict which way it will go in the coming weeks or months
- Bitcoin is an experimental currency, and requires a bit of technical know-how to get your head around wallets and transactions.
- Only you control the funds, so there’s no chargebacks or reversing the transactions.
- As Bitcoin is untraceable, cryptocurrencies are often used in criminal activities. This can result in cryptocurrency restrictions by some states and governments.
Bitcoin Casino Aus FAQs
What is the best Bitcoin online casino?
It’s difficult to clearly say which is the best Bitcoin casino. If you take a look at our list of bitcoin casinos on this page, check out their bonuses and read their review, you’ll then easily be able to find the best bitcoin casino for you.
Are Bitcoin casinos legit?
Bitcoin casinos are legitimate. You do have to be wary that there is the odd bitcoin casino that isn’t legit. Be sure to check the site is licensed and regulated by a reputable gaming jurisdiction. Also, if they appear on this page, you know you can trust us to have checked the site and a bitcoin game or two to be legit.
Do casinos accept Bitcoin?
Some online slots sites that accept more traditional deposit and withdrawal methods also accept Bitcoin. While it is a relatively new phenomenon, a number of casinos do accept bitcoin.
What is Bitcoin casino dice?
Bitcoin casino dice games are the most popular dice games at Bitcoin online casinos. Bitcoin dice casinos have provably fair games, allowing players to check that the online casino hasn’t manipulated the results. Bitcoin casino dice games require players to bet against randomly generated numbers.
What are provably fair Bitcoin games?
A crypto gambler, more than your typical online gambler, is wary of being cheated by their online casino. This is because online gambling sites are always at an advantage, and some argue easy for them to manipulate game results in their favour. Though a bitcoin gambling site offers provably fair bitcoin slots games, which make cheating impossible.
What is a Bitcoin casino faucet?
There are two types of faucets – a bitcoin faucet site and bitcoin casino dice site with faucet feature. The former gives away bitcoins to site visitors who complete simple tasks. The latter also gives away bitcoins, though players can’t withdraw these bitcoins without meeting the associated wagering requirements first.
How do casino bonuses work?
Bitcoin casino bonuses are just like bonuses you receive at more traditional online casinos, however they are bonuses given away in bitcoins. They work in the same way as a casino bonus in AUD, USD, Euros, Pounds or any other fiat currencies.
Is Bitcoin gambling anonymous? What about my personal information?
Bitcoin is often widely recommended as an anonymous payment type. You don’t have to reveal any banking details to the online casino if you select Bitcoin as it works in a similar way to PayPal or Neteller. That being said, all online casino we recommend need some personal details to register.
Can I really trust Bitcoin?
Yes, you can. It is based on three trustworthy principles: open source code, peer-to-peer technology, and decentralization. Bitcoin is based on encryption, complex numbers and mathematical algorithms that can never go wrong. One thing you must be wary of though is your safety when it comes to obtaining your bitcoins from marketplaces and exchanges, and ensuring you choose one of the sites from our Bitcoin casinos Australia list.
Is it legal to use Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is legal to use in most countries in the world, though some have banned it. Regulations related to bitcoin vary from one jurisdiction to another, so we recommend that you research the laws of your country before beginning to use Bitcoin. Where it is legal for you to use Bitcoin, you must also double-check it is ok for you to use Bitcoin gambling sites too, as this varies from country to country too.